you arrive and the country is at your feet:
Turina: Radio Madrid, Op. 62: Retransmision I. Los estudiantes de Santiago
Giménez: La Tempranica: Overture
de Falla: El sombrero de tres picos: Part I: Dance of the Miller’s Wife: Fandango
Time to slow down, and perhaps a nap?
Boccherini: Guitar Quintet No. 9 in C Major, G. 453, “La Ritirata di Madrid”: II. Andantino
Halffter: 3 piezas breves, Op. 13a: II. Tranquillo
Moreno Torroba: Las puertas de Madrid: No. 7. Puerta de Moros
perhaps a concert or a show?
Pompey: Evocacion del Viejo Madrid, “Manolas y chisperos” I. Moderato
Boccherini: String Quintet in C Major, Op. 30, No. 6, G. 324, “La musica notturna delle strade di Madrid”: I. Ave Maria delle Parrochie – II. Menuetto dei chiechi
Sor: Fantasia No.1, Op. 4
De Falla: Noches en los jardines de España
- Destination Brazil Brazil and its main city, Rio de Janeiro, came to life for many people
- Destination Rome The city of Rome is a city of ancient forums and modern traffic
- Destination Cairo One side of the river are the modern buildings of today
- Destination Dublin We associate Dublin, and, perhaps, all of Ireland with folk music.
Clara Wieck-Schumann (1819-1896)
“Composing Gives Me Great Pleasure” How did Clara manage her role as a wife, mother, pianist and composer?
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon Moon songs in the 20th century
- The Dark Trip – d’Indy’s Tableaux du voyage Music inspired by Germany’s Black Forest and Tyrol regions
The Scottish Inspiration
Sir Walter Scott Ivanhoe and Kenilworth in opera settings