ARTICLE OF THE WEEK
Compositions by Paderewski, Fauré, and Josef Suk
- Mysteries of the Sustain Pedal The more I play, the more I am convinced the pedal is the soul.
- School Music Teachers: Mischief, Mayhem and Magic In my book, music teachers are the heroes. Here's why.
- The Barenboim Grand Combining modern instrument with the historic sound quality and distinguishable color registers.
- Piano Olympics Discover piano repertoire
- Playing Music Is It for Everyone? Explore a musician’s positive developments in various aspects
- The Day After the Concert… Anxiety is a natural part of the performance experience
MUSIC OF THE WEEK
In 1819 Carl Maria von Weber wrote a little not-dance piece, Aufforderung zum Tanz, for his bride Caroline. This work was important because it was the first work considered a concert-waltz, i.e., a waltz, but not one that could be danced to.