ARTICLE OF THE WEEK
Discover their special music workshops for London’s inner-city primary schools
- The Pianist’s Solitude The pianist’s life is, by necessity, lonely. Why?
- Ten Tips for Productive Practice Does quantity matter more?
- On Being a Pianist Let us define the meaning of being "a pianist"
- Le Gibet Exploring notes that cannot be played or heard
Behind the Curtain
Chopin’s Funeral Music How did Chopin arrange the proceedings of his funeral?
- Recalling Richter Discover the anecdotes of his extensive recordings and live performances
MUSIC OF THE WEEK
Borodin completed his ‘musical picture’ In the Steppes of Central Asia in 1880. The symphonic poem was dedicated to that master of the genre, Franz Liszt. It depicts a crossing of the steppes of the Caucasus by a caravan of Central Asians, who are protected by a group of Russian soldiers.