ARTICLE OF THE WEEK
Have fun with P.D.Q. Bach, Rainer Hersch, Victor Borge and Dudley Moore!
- “You Don’t Play the Piano With Your Fingers” Take a look at the larger mechanism!
- The Most Famous Classical Piano Pieces 11 piano pieces that are almost instantly recognisable to anyone!
- Chloe Chua — More Than an “Ordinary” Wunderkind What makes Chloe stands out from her peers?
- Ludwig van B. and His Fellow Musicians II Which composers did Beethoven admire?
- How Did These Opera Heroines Die? Suffocation? Snakebite? Can you remember all these opera dying scenes?
- Moved to Tears Can these music selections release your inner emotions?
MUSIC OF THE WEEK
Castelli Romani (Roman Castles) was inspired by a trip to the region, which is about 20 km southeast of Rome. In the work, Marx paints broad pictures of the Mediterranean area. The first movement, Villa Hadriana, refers to Hadrian’s Villa, a Roman ruin in Tivoli, Italy. The original villa had been constructed around 120-130 AD as a retreat for the Roman Emperor Hadrian.