ARTICLE OF THE WEEK
- Yunchan Lim: Is He the Best Young Pianist Today? Find out what makes his performances so special
- Show me the Money George Gershwin (1898-1937) Gershwin’s “hit songs” and royalties
- Khatia Buniatishvili: Top 5 Performances of the Controversial Pianist “If you love classical piano music, she’s someone you should know.”
- Great Performers: Martha Argerich A prodigious, ferocious talent, Argerich is blessed with a photographic memory.
- Leonard Bernstein and Felicia Montealegre A Divided Life They met at a party and were engaged a few months later...
- Classical Music Beyond the Concert Stage: Ten Classical Pieces Used in Commercials How did various businesses use classical music in advertisement?
MUSIC OF THE WEEK
The last movement opens Andante maestoso, with a slow stately progression before launching off into an Allegro vivo. Critics in America found the final movement to be very Russian, if not too Russian, heard in it ‘a horde of demons struggling in a torrent of brandy’ or great battle scenes. Have a listen!