The city of Rome is a city of ancient forums and modern traffic, fabulous fountains and busy markets, solemn churches and resonant spaces. It’s a walking city and all of history seems to have happened here.
You arrive and the country is at your feet:
Wolf-Ferrari: Idillio-concertino in A Major, Op. 15: I. Preambola
Respighi: Fontane di Roma: II. La fontana del Tritone al mattino
Petrassi: Partita for Orchestra: I. Gagliarda
Time to slow down, and perhaps a nap?
Respighi: Pini di Roma: II. Pini presso una catacomba
Palestrina: Missa Papae Marcelli: Kyrie
Malipiero: Fantasie di ogni giorno
Mercadante: Clarinet Concerto No. 2 in B flat Major, Op. 101: II. Andante con variazioni
Perhaps a concert or a show?
Ghedini: Marinesca e baccanale: I. Molto sostenuto e ampio
Busoni: Clarinet concertino, Op. 48
Casella: A notte alta, Op. 30
- Destination Brazil Brazil and its main city, Rio de Janeiro, came to life for many people
- Destination Cairo One side of the river are the modern buildings of today
- Destination Dublin We associate Dublin, and, perhaps, all of Ireland with folk music.
- Destination Beijing The new city of the new century, Beijing has grasped the future and has taken its history with it.
- Violin Masterworks Inspired by Joseph Szigeti Composed by Hamilton Harty, Prokofiev, Kurt Weil and more!
- Michelangelo’s “David”
Unveiled in Florence on 8 September The Most Famous Statue in Florence
- Francis Poulenc Improvisation No. 15, L’hommage à Édith Piaf How did Poulenc capture ‘the essence of Piaf’?
- Golden Gate: The Humming Bridge What music did this humming bridge inspire?