The city of Rome is a city of ancient forums and modern traffic, fabulous fountains and busy markets, solemn churches and resonant spaces. It’s a walking city and all of history seems to have happened here.
You arrive and the country is at your feet:
Wolf-Ferrari: Idillio-concertino in A Major, Op. 15: I. Preambola
Respighi: Fontane di Roma: II. La fontana del Tritone al mattino
Petrassi: Partita for Orchestra: I. Gagliarda
Time to slow down, and perhaps a nap?
Respighi: Pini di Roma: II. Pini presso una catacomba
Palestrina: Missa Papae Marcelli: Kyrie
Malipiero: Fantasie di ogni giorno
Mercadante: Clarinet Concerto No. 2 in B flat Major, Op. 101: II. Andante con variazioni
Perhaps a concert or a show?
Ghedini: Marinesca e baccanale: I. Molto sostenuto e ampio
Busoni: Clarinet concertino, Op. 48
Casella: A notte alta, Op. 30
- Destination Brazil Brazil and its main city, Rio de Janeiro, came to life for many people
- Destination Cairo One side of the river are the modern buildings of today
- Destination Dublin We associate Dublin, and, perhaps, all of Ireland with folk music.
- Destination Beijing The new city of the new century, Beijing has grasped the future and has taken its history with it.
- The Neglected Bruch “Most of my works will be more and more neglected”
Guys, what WERE you Thinking!
Bigotry and Racism in Classical Music The titles of these classical pieces need some thought adjustment…
The City Morning and Night
Molinelli’s 4 Pictures from New York The music of New York with an Italian touch by Roberto Molinelli
Carl Maria von Weber: Inspired by Turandot
“Overture and Marches” for Turandot, Op. 37 The use of pentatonic melody “air chinois”