The city of Rome is a city of ancient forums and modern traffic, fabulous fountains and busy markets, solemn churches and resonant spaces. It’s a walking city and all of history seems to have happened here.
You arrive and the country is at your feet:
Wolf-Ferrari: Idillio-concertino in A Major, Op. 15: I. Preambola
Respighi: Fontane di Roma: II. La fontana del Tritone al mattino
Petrassi: Partita for Orchestra: I. Gagliarda
Time to slow down, and perhaps a nap?
Respighi: Pini di Roma: II. Pini presso una catacomba
Palestrina: Missa Papae Marcelli: Kyrie
Malipiero: Fantasie di ogni giorno
Mercadante: Clarinet Concerto No. 2 in B flat Major, Op. 101: II. Andante con variazioni
Perhaps a concert or a show?
Ghedini: Marinesca e baccanale: I. Molto sostenuto e ampio
Busoni: Clarinet concertino, Op. 48
Casella: A notte alta, Op. 30
- Destination Brazil Brazil and its main city, Rio de Janeiro, came to life for many people
- Destination Cairo One side of the river are the modern buildings of today
- Destination Dublin We associate Dublin, and, perhaps, all of Ireland with folk music.
- Destination Beijing The new city of the new century, Beijing has grasped the future and has taken its history with it.
- The Sound of Summer Rain in Classical Music
Vivaldi, Rameau, Beethoven, Grofé and Whitacre Channeling the sound and fury of nature through an orchestra
- Coloured Clouds in the Air – With Explosions!
A Fanfare to Fireworks in Classical Music
- Sergei Rachmaninoff and His Circle of Friends Medtner, Chekhov, Siloti, Tchaikovsky and more
- Auroras How do composers express the visual of Aurora Borealis in music?