Music that tells a story started in pre-history, with long narrative songs. Instrumental music that tells a story took longer to achieve. 1. Beethoven was famed for his long walks and there are many writers who describe meeting the wild-haired
- Do You Know the Stories Behind These Classical Pieces Well? May 29th, 2021
- How Much Do You Know About Bach’s Musical Family? May 15th, 2021
Guess the Music!
May 1st, 2021
1. You’ll recognize the work, since this is the first movement of Beethoven’s Symphony No. 5, but who’s performing it? • Is this Fritz Reiner leading the Chicago in a large, old-style recording? • Is this John Eliot Gardiner and
Need a Laugh? Fun With Musical Guessing Games
April 17th, 2021
1. Which instrument cannot play this? 2. A Musician’s Grocery list. On the way to the store the violinist had a Scarlatte, and made a Liszt. It includes BachChoy and ch-Ives. What else is he or she shopping for? a.
- Know Your Musical Instrument! April 3rd, 2021
A 10-Piece Classical Music Challenge: Can You Guess the Piece and the Composer?
March 20th, 2021
Are you an avid classical music buff? Ready to test your knowledge of note reading in treble and bass clef and also your listening abilities? PART IMatch the musical excerpts with the written music A: Goes with the musical excerpt
- Reminisce These Opera Endings and Openings! March 6th, 2021
- How Did These Opera Heroines Die? February 20th, 2021
- How Did These Opera Heroes Die? February 6th, 2021
- BACHMania! How Much Do You Know About One of Your Favorite Composers? January 23rd, 2021