You arrive and the country is at your feet:
Bonfá: Manha de Carnaval (Morning of the Carnival)
Milhaud: Saudades do Brasil, Op. 67: I. Overture
Villa-Lobos: Descobrimento do Brasil (The Discovery of Brazil) Suite No. 2
Lima Menezes: Mas que nada Afternoon:
Time to slow down, and perhaps a nap?
Fernandez: Suite brasilera No. 1: I. Velha modinha
Villa-Lobos: Bachianas brasileiras No. 5 for Soprano and Cello Ensemble: I. Aria: Cantilena
Perhaps a concert or a show?
Garcia: Abertura em Ré
Lauba : Brasil sem fim
Gomes: Il Guarany, Act II: Oh! Come e bello il ciel!
Jobim: Aguas de Março
- Destination Rome The city of Rome is a city of ancient forums and modern traffic
- Destination Cairo One side of the river are the modern buildings of today
- Destination Dublin We associate Dublin, and, perhaps, all of Ireland with folk music.
- Destination Beijing The new city of the new century, Beijing has grasped the future and has taken its history with it.
- Morton Gould Goes to China Enjoy Gould’s Six Pieces of China
Pietà by Richard Blackford
A Stabat Mater for Our Troubled Times Music for reflection on grief and loss in turbulent times
Revisiting the Past
Benjamin Britten : A Simple Symphony “memorably tuneful, technically polished and superbly conceived for the medium.”
Clara Wieck-Schumann (1819-1896)
“A Woman’s Voice” Discover Clara’s contribution to the German lied genre