you arrive and the city is at your feet:
Gershwin: An American in Paris
Delius: Paris: The Song of a Great City
Poulenc: Banalités, FP 107; No. 4: Voyage à Paris
Time to slow down:
Debussy: Prélude à l’après-midi d’un faune
Marais: La Sonnerie de Ste. Genevieve du Mont de Paris
perhaps a concert or a show?
Mozart: Symphony No. 31 in D Major, K. 297, “Paris”: I. Allegro assai
Bernstein: Candide: Act I: Paris Waltz Scene
Offenbach: Orphée aux enfers: Act II: Can-Can
Maitrier: Elle fréquentait la rue Pigalle
And what are you doing next spring?
- Destination Brazil Brazil and its main city, Rio de Janeiro, came to life for many people
- Destination Rome The city of Rome is a city of ancient forums and modern traffic
- Destination Cairo One side of the river are the modern buildings of today
- Destination Dublin We associate Dublin, and, perhaps, all of Ireland with folk music.
- Morton Gould Goes to China Enjoy Gould’s Six Pieces of China
Pietà by Richard Blackford
A Stabat Mater for Our Troubled Times Music for reflection on grief and loss in turbulent times
Revisiting the Past
Benjamin Britten : A Simple Symphony “memorably tuneful, technically polished and superbly conceived for the medium.”
Clara Wieck-Schumann (1819-1896)
“A Woman’s Voice” Discover Clara’s contribution to the German lied genre