you arrive and the city is at your feet:
Gershwin: An American in Paris
Delius: Paris: The Song of a Great City
Poulenc: Banalités, FP 107; No. 4: Voyage à Paris
Time to slow down:
Debussy: Prélude à l’après-midi d’un faune
Marais: La Sonnerie de Ste. Genevieve du Mont de Paris
perhaps a concert or a show?
Mozart: Symphony No. 31 in D Major, K. 297, “Paris”: I. Allegro assai
Bernstein: Candide: Act I: Paris Waltz Scene
Offenbach: Orphée aux enfers: Act II: Can-Can
Maitrier: Elle fréquentait la rue Pigalle
And what are you doing next spring?
- Destination Brazil Brazil and its main city, Rio de Janeiro, came to life for many people
- Destination Rome The city of Rome is a city of ancient forums and modern traffic
- Destination Cairo One side of the river are the modern buildings of today
- Destination Dublin We associate Dublin, and, perhaps, all of Ireland with folk music.
Lieder ohne Worte III
Composer’s Fancy and Player’s Delight From piano works to chamber music repertoire
- Exotic Dancing with Jean Françaix Huit Danses exotiques from the South American region
Gabriel Fauré (1845-1924)
“I’m Not in the Habit of Attracting Crowds” Song cycles composed by the “greatest master of French song”
Lieder ohne Worte II
Composer’s Fancy and Player’s Delight Enjoy more lieder by Fanny Mendelssohn, Gounod and more