you arrive and the country is at your feet:
Adams: Nixon in China: Act I Scene 1: News has a kind of mystery (Nixon, Chou, Kissinger, Chorus)
Avshalomov: The Hutungs of Peking
Zhou: Poems from Tang: IV. Song of Eight Unruly Tipsy Poets, by Du Fu (712 – 770)
Chen: Dragon Rhyme: I. Mysteriously – Harmoniously
Time to slow down, and perhaps a nap?
Zhang: Shadow Magic: Invitation to the Forbidden City
Tan: 8 Colors: No. 1. Peking Opera
Tan: Out of Peking Opera
Perhaps a concert or a show?
Chiang: The Peking Myriorama, Op. 22
Ge: 4 Studies of Peking Opera: IV. Clown Music
Gu: Peking Opera Melody: Flowing Water
Zhou: The Future of Fire
And then, because you’re going to stay up all night anyway:
Puccini: Turandot: Act III: Nessun dorma!
- Destination Brazil Brazil and its main city, Rio de Janeiro, came to life for many people
- Destination Rome The city of Rome is a city of ancient forums and modern traffic
- Destination Cairo One side of the river are the modern buildings of today
- Destination Dublin We associate Dublin, and, perhaps, all of Ireland with folk music.
- Antoine Reicha (1770-1836): A forgotten visionary “Music is as much a science and craft as it is an art”
- Franz Schubert’s “Swansong” The Final Songs of Schubert
Lieder ohne Worte III
Composer’s Fancy and Player’s Delight From piano works to chamber music repertoire
- Exotic Dancing with Jean Françaix Huit Danses exotiques from the South American region