You arrive and the country is at your feet:
Traditional: Sakura Sakura
Time to slow down, and perhaps a nap?
Takemitsu: Subete wa usuakari no naka de (All in Twilight): II. Dark
Taki: Kojo no tsuki
Ifukube: Ballata Sinfonica: II. Seconda ballata: Andante rapsodico
Perhaps a concert or a movie?
Ohki: Symphony No. 5, “Hiroshima”: VI. Elegy
Miyazaki: Shimabara no Komoriuta
Ifukube: Godzilla, King of the Monsters: Main title theme
Let’s go play pachinko!
Pachinko in Your Head
- Destination Brazil Brazil and its main city, Rio de Janeiro, came to life for many people
- Destination Rome The city of Rome is a city of ancient forums and modern traffic
- Destination Cairo One side of the river are the modern buildings of today
- Destination Dublin We associate Dublin, and, perhaps, all of Ireland with folk music.
Clara Wieck-Schumann (1819-1896)
“Composing Gives Me Great Pleasure” How did Clara manage her role as a wife, mother, pianist and composer?
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon Moon songs in the 20th century
- The Dark Trip – d’Indy’s Tableaux du voyage Music inspired by Germany’s Black Forest and Tyrol regions
The Scottish Inspiration
Sir Walter Scott Ivanhoe and Kenilworth in opera settings