you arrive and the country is at your feet:
Ge: Shanghai Reminiscences: Part I: My Childhood: I. Jing An Temple
Cavanna: Shanghai Concerto: I. D major
Gong: On the Docks: ‘Since I Left Shanghai After My Retirement’
Jin: Yangtze! Yangtze!
Time to slow down, and perhaps a nap?
Chen: Longing: Shanghai Nights
Ma / Gu: East Sea Fishermen’s Song
perhaps a concert or a show?
Wen: Shanghai Prelude
Newman: Skyfall: Shanghai Drive
Sheng: A Night at the Chinese Opera
- Destination Brazil Brazil and its main city, Rio de Janeiro, came to life for many people
- Destination Rome The city of Rome is a city of ancient forums and modern traffic
- Destination Cairo One side of the river are the modern buildings of today
- Destination Dublin We associate Dublin, and, perhaps, all of Ireland with folk music.
- Bohuslav Martinů’s Moon Prosody The Fifth Day of the Fifth Moon inspired by a Chinese poem
- Morton Gould Goes to China Enjoy Gould’s Six Pieces of China
Pietà by Richard Blackford
A Stabat Mater for Our Troubled Times Music for reflection on grief and loss in turbulent times
Revisiting the Past
Benjamin Britten : A Simple Symphony “memorably tuneful, technically polished and superbly conceived for the medium.”