you arrive and the country is at your feet:
Artemyev: The Barber of Siberia: Welcome to Russia
Shostakovich: Moskva, Cheryomushki Suite, Op. 105: I. A Spin Through Moscow
Dunayesvsky: Moia Mosckva
Mussorgsky: Khovanschina: Act I: Introduction: Daybreak on the Moskva River
Meyerbeer: L’Etoile du Nord: Act II: Sous les remparts du vieux Kremlin
Time to slow down, and perhaps a nap?
Tchaikovsky: Moskva: Introduction and Chorus
Glazunov: The Kremlin, Op. 30: II. In the Cloister
Sokolovsky: Etude in D major
perhaps a concert or a show?
Glazunov: The Kremlin, Op. 30: I. Popular Festival
Solv’yov-Sedoy: Moscow Nights
Rossini: Il barbiere di Siviglia (Sung in Russian): Act I: Cavatina: Una voce poco fa
- Destination Brazil Brazil and its main city, Rio de Janeiro, came to life for many people
- Destination Rome The city of Rome is a city of ancient forums and modern traffic
- Destination Cairo One side of the river are the modern buildings of today
- Destination Dublin We associate Dublin, and, perhaps, all of Ireland with folk music.
Clara Wieck-Schumann (1819-1896)
“Composing Gives Me Great Pleasure” How did Clara manage her role as a wife, mother, pianist and composer?
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon Moon songs in the 20th century
- The Dark Trip – d’Indy’s Tableaux du voyage Music inspired by Germany’s Black Forest and Tyrol regions
The Scottish Inspiration
Sir Walter Scott Ivanhoe and Kenilworth in opera settings