The heart of Russia is its capital, Moscow. Home to some of the most important conservatories in the country, Moscow has been a musical inspiration to both orchestral and choral composers through the ages. As a musical center, it has attracted and inspired composers from all over the world. Its opera theatre, the Bolshoi, has been the place for many premieres and for some old favorites in a new language.
you arrive and the country is at your feet:
Artemyev: The Barber of Siberia: Welcome to Russia
Shostakovich: Moskva, Cheryomushki Suite, Op. 105: I. A Spin Through Moscow
Dunayesvsky: Moia Mosckva
Mussorgsky: Khovanschina: Act I: Introduction: Daybreak on the Moskva River
Meyerbeer: L’Etoile du Nord: Act II: Sous les remparts du vieux Kremlin
Time to slow down, and perhaps a nap?
Tchaikovsky: Moskva: Introduction and Chorus
Glazunov: The Kremlin, Op. 30: II. In the Cloister
Sokolovsky: Etude in D major
perhaps a concert or a show?
Glazunov: The Kremlin, Op. 30: I. Popular Festival
Solv’yov-Sedoy: Moscow Nights
Rossini: Il barbiere di Siviglia (Sung in Russian): Act I: Cavatina: Una voce poco fa
- Destination Brazil Brazil and its main city, Rio de Janeiro, came to life for many people
- Destination Rome The city of Rome is a city of ancient forums and modern traffic
- Destination Cairo One side of the river are the modern buildings of today
- Destination Dublin We associate Dublin, and, perhaps, all of Ireland with folk music.
- Violin Masterworks Inspired by Joseph Szigeti Composed by Hamilton Harty, Prokofiev, Kurt Weil and more!
- Michelangelo’s “David”
Unveiled in Florence on 8 September The Most Famous Statue in Florence
- Francis Poulenc Improvisation No. 15, L’hommage à Édith Piaf How did Poulenc capture ‘the essence of Piaf’?
- Golden Gate: The Humming Bridge What music did this humming bridge inspire?