you arrive and the country is at your feet:
Hui: A Hong Kong Song
Luo: Queen’s Road East
Chan: 3650 Nights
Bryars: Made in Hong Kong
Time to slow down, and perhaps a nap?
Lam: The Homeward Boat
Chan: Looking Afar
Sheng: 4 Movements for Piano Trio: IV. Nostalgia
Perhaps a concert or a show?
Partch: The Bewitched: Scene 1: Background for the Transfiguration of American Undergrads in a Hong Kong Music Hall
Cosma: Hong Kong Flirt
Tanner: Fragrant Harbor (Hong Kong)
Winteregg: China Crossing: IV. Hong Kong
Chasins: Three Chinese Pieces: No. 3. Rush Hour in Hong Kong
- Destination Brazil Brazil and its main city, Rio de Janeiro, came to life for many people
- Destination Rome The city of Rome is a city of ancient forums and modern traffic
- Destination Cairo One side of the river are the modern buildings of today
- Destination Dublin We associate Dublin, and, perhaps, all of Ireland with folk music.
Clara Wieck-Schumann (1819-1896)
“Composing Gives Me Great Pleasure” How did Clara manage her role as a wife, mother, pianist and composer?
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon Moon songs in the 20th century
- The Dark Trip – d’Indy’s Tableaux du voyage Music inspired by Germany’s Black Forest and Tyrol regions
The Scottish Inspiration
Sir Walter Scott Ivanhoe and Kenilworth in opera settings